Fithikes are good for you. Being in nature is just as good for the mind as it is for the cardiovascular benefits for the body. It’s a great cardio workout and a sense of achievement to finish a hike. Our fithikes are not just for our trekkers, they are open to anyone that wants to be outdoors and walk with like minded people. Benefits include:
- Lowers your risk of heart disease
- Improves your blood pressure and blood sugar levels
- Boosts bone density, since walking is a weight -bearing exercise
- Builds strength in your glutes, quadriceps, hamstrings, and the muscles in your hips and lower legs
- Strengthens your core
- Improves balance
- Helps control your weight
- Boosts your mood
- Reduces the symptoms of stress and anxiety.
Fithikes will be conducted in a number of different locations around Brisbane, including Mt Coot-tha, Greenes Falls, Albany Creek. Cost is $14 a session, or join our Adventure club $99 annual membership, which includes our February bushwalking program every Tue and Fri 5.30am local area, followed by Mt Coottha first Sunday in March to test our ability. Membership to our Adventure club also gives you discounts on overnight hikes, discounts on gear, and Monthly training hikes cost just $5, or they are free if you are booked on one of our multi day hikes. Come and join a group of like minded Ladies.