Fithikes are good for you. Being in nature is just as good for the mind as it is for the cardiovascular benefits for the body. It’s a great cardio workout and a sense of achievement to finish a hike. Our fithikes are not just for our trekkers, they are open to anyone that wants to be outdoors and walk with like minded people. Benefits include:
- Lowers your risk of heart disease
- Improves your blood pressure and blood sugar levels
- Boosts bone density, since walking is a weight -bearing exercise
- Builds strength in your glutes, quadriceps, hamstrings, and the muscles in your hips and lower legs
- Strengthens your core
- Improves balance
- Helps control your weight
- Boosts your mood
- Reduces the symptoms of stress and anxiety.
Fithikes will be conducted in a number of different locations around Brisbane. Our bushwalking program is every Tue and Fri 5.30am local area (weather permitting), followed by the first Sunday of the month to test our ability and endurance on longer hikes. Membership to our Adventure club also gives you discounts on overnight hikes, discounts on gear. We use these Fithikes as leadup training for our upcoming adventures, but anyone is welcome to join us for fitness, weight loss. Come and join a group of like minded Ladies.
Cost is $10 a session for weekly sessions – casual, or join our Adventure club $110 annual membership, which includes your first 10 hikes, plus many other benefits.